Workers’ compensation is one of the most important benefits employers offer their employees in Kissimmee. Every employer in the state and across the country is required to have a workers’ compensation plan if they meet certain criteria. This is a policy that protects workers who become ill or who suffer an injury on the job. It pays them a portion of their salary so they are not completely in trouble financially while they are out of work.
The benefits paid out by workers’ compensation come from your employer and come at zero cost to the employee who is receiving them. The employee is responsible for reporting their work-related injury or illness to a supervisor immediately. The carrier of the policy or your employer can choose the doctor from whom you will receive care.
Some other important items to know and follow regarding workers’ compensation include:
- Be sure to keep all appointments
- Complete and file all workers’ comp documents in a timely manner
- Report all earnings received after the injury to the insurance carrier of the workers’ comp policy
- Do not receive medical treatment until it is approved by the insurance carrier
- Go back to your job as soon as you are cleared by the doctor
- Never get rid of your records regarding this issue, even if you are completely healed and back at work
Suffering an injury or illness on the job can force you to miss work for an extended period. Make sure you know all about workers’ compensation in Florida so you are prepared for anything that might arise.