What To Know About Qualifying For Social Security Disability Benefits
Qualifying for Social Security Disability benefits should be easy — demonstrate that you are disabled and get the wage replacement and medical benefits you are entitled to by federal law. If only it were that simple.
To qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), a person needs to document, through detailed paperwork, that he or she is unable to work for at least a year. An applicant needs to prove to Social Security that he or she is disabled because of a medical condition such as:
- A mental disorder like bipolar disorder, clinical depression or PTSD
- A heart problem or the aftereffects of a stroke
- An orthopedic or joint condition like arthritis
- A digestive system disorder like Crohn’s disease or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Chronic back pain
- A lung or respiratory condition such as asthma or emphysema
- Migraines or other recurring headaches
The assistance of an experienced attorney can be a critical part of qualifying for benefits.
We Can Help You Understand If You Qualify
At Lawrence Law Firm, based in Kissimmee, Tampa and Orlando, Florida, we can help you understand if you qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. If you do, we can handle all aspects of your claim and make sure your claim has the best possible chance of success. Success is generally a matter of excellent, clear medical documentation, proper preparation and a lot of patience.
Contact A Lawyer Who Can Help | Free Consultation
Contact The Lawrence Law Firm about your case. We can answer your questions during a free consultation.